- Telecom Stock Roundup: Verizon, Iridium Beat Q2 Earnings Estimates & More
While Verizon (VZ) surpasses second-quarter 2021 earnings estimates on increased adoption of 5G devices and premium unlimited wireless plans, Iridium (IRDM) beats the same on healthy top-line growth.
Supriyo Bose. Zacks. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:29:00 GMT.
- Verizon to sell Yahoo and AOL to private equity firm for $5B
Wireless provider is bailing out of the fiercely competitive media business to focus on telecom.
CBS News. Mon, 03 May 2021 20:38:00 -0400.
- Verizon Sells AOL and Yahoo to Apollo for $5 Billion
Verizon offloaded its media business to Apollo Global Management in a deal valued at $5 billion as the mobile phone giant focuses on building out its 5G network.
Edmund Lee and Lauren Hirsch. New York Times. Mon, 03 May 2021 19:38:10 +0000.
- Verizon rethinking Yahoo buyout, and other MoneyWatch headlines
Yahoo hack could change terms of Verizon's buyout; and Samsung doubles size of fiery phone recall. These headlines and more from CBS MoneyWatch.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 01:29:11 -0400.
- Maryland To Delay Controversial Digital Advertising Tax As The Lawsuits Keep Coming
Telecommunications giants Comcast and Verizon are the latest to sue Maryland over its first-in-the-nation digital advertising tax as the state moved to delay implementation of the controversial legislation this week.
By Liz Farmer, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 17 Apr 2021 08:52:44 -0400.
- Dow rises to another record led by Verizon and Chevron, but tech weakness weighs on S&P 500
Dow-member Verizon was among the biggest gainers after Berkshire Hathaway revealed a sizable stake in the telecom giant.
CNBC. Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:08:20 GMT.
- Nokia 8 V 5G UW is a Nokia 8.3 for Verizon
Nokia has announced its second 5G phone, available on Verizon's mmWave 5G service. The catchily-named the Nokia 8 V 5G UW is a version of the Nokia 8.3
Chris Hall. Pocket Lint. Mon, 09 Nov 2020 14:28:25 +0000.
- Verizon agrees to acquire South Florida-based mobile phone provider Tracfone in deal valued at nearly $7B
The deal is expected to close in 2021.
Emon Reiser. American City Business Journals. Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:04:47 +0000.
- Nokia takes a hit as Samsung secures Verizon 5G deal
Finnish telecom firm Nokia has suffered a setback after a source close to the matter confirmed it had lost out to Samsung Electronics on a part of the contract to supply new 5G equipment to Verizon in the United States. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 07 Sep 2020 06:46:22 -0400.
- Like Utilities, Verizon Ponders Its Own Death And Reincarnation
I often hear comparisons between the telecom and energy industries in terms of history of monopolies and market deregulation.
By Guidehouse Insights, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 28 Aug 2020 10:37:20 -0400.
Copyright © 2012-2021 Phone-News.org. All rights reserved.