- Taro Kono seen by 49% of LDP members as most fit to be next PM, poll says
Kono topped rivals Fumio Kishida, at 18.5%, Sanae Takaichi, at 15.7%, and Seiko Noda, with 3.3%, in the two-day telephone survey conducted from Friday.
Japan Times. Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:21:14 +0900.
- Lack of face-to-face GP appointments 'contributed to at least five patient deaths', coroner warns
Doctors missed important details in telephone appointments that may have been spotted if they were seen in person, senior coroner for Greater Manchester Alison Mutch warned.
Daily Mail. Fri, 10 Sep 2021 03:38:35 +0100.
- France, Germany Urge Iran to Return Speedily to Nuclear Deal Talks
France's foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told his newly-appointed Iranian counterpart Hossein Amirabdollahian in a telephone call it was urgent for Tehran to return to the talks.
Voice of America. Wed, 01 Sep 2021 11:45:25 -0400.
- Conservative hoaxers face record $5.1 million fine for election robocalls that spread disinformation
The FCC said that the proposed fine for Jacob Wohl, Jack Burkman and Burkman's lobbying firm would be the largest ever for violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
KETV. Thu, 26 Aug 2021 22:28:00 GMT.
- At least 22 killed and more than 50 missing in Tennessee flood
The flooding in rural areas took out roads, cellphone towers and telephone lines, leaving families uncertain about whether their loved ones survived the unprecedented deluge.
CBS News. Mon, 23 Aug 2021 20:02:24 -0400.
- US: Several killed in Tennessee floods, dozens missing
Rescue crew searching desperately for the missing as flash floods destroy homes, roads and telephone lines in the state.
Al Jazeera. Sun, 22 Aug 2021 20:49:22 +0000.
- Under-fire British foreign minister defends missed Afghan call
LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab on Friday (Aug 20) defied demands to quit after failing to make a telephone call to help translators fleeing Afghanistan, saying the Taleban's rapid advance made contact impossible.
Straits Times. Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:03:58 +0800.
- Hawaii delays reopening of unemployment offices, citing Covid-19 concerns
In lieu of in-person appointments, DLIR will expand telephone appointments from three to five days per week for general inquires.
Christina O'connor. American City Business Journals. Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:11:12 +0000.
- Chicago's south suburbs to get new area code 464 for 708 region
Chicago's southern suburbs will receive a new telephone area code in the coming months to meet the demand for new telephone numbers.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 17 Aug 2021 17:01:50 +0000.
- U.S., Russian Defense Chiefs Talk By Phone About 'Strategic Stability'
U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and his Russian counterpart, Sergei Shoigu, have spoken by telephone about ongoing "strategic stability" talks launched last month after a recent presidential summit.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:21:13 +0000.
- Area Codes (Information)
Area codes are the first three digits used at the beginning of a telephone
number when dialing long distance. They are typically used to signal a specific location or use.
- Area Codes, by Area Code (Information)
This table lists North American area codes, sorted by area code. Visitors can find the locations and usages assigned to the area codes which are available in the North American Public Telephone Network.
- Area Codes, by Country (Information)
Telephone area codes are used to help route phone calls to the correct location. Find North American area codes and their corresponding locations with this handy area code chart.
The word telephone is a noun. Telephone means (1) electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds, (2) transmitting speech at a distance.
Telephone is also a verb that means (1) get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone.
Cordless Telephone Base and Handset
Copyright © 2012-2021 Phone-News.org. All rights reserved.